Each of the Retailers have different shipping options, methods, policies and rates that make it hard to account for every product and situation. That being said, we came up with a model that wasn't too complicated or cumbersome that made it useful. We designed a solution whereby you can set either a Shipping Method or Ship Order By at the retail merchant level.
To set your Shipping Options Go To:
- Retailer Acc Page (right sidebar menu)
- Add New Retailer Account (select + sign) or Edit Existing Retailer Account Using the ACTION menu button
- Complete Shipping Options Section
Available Shipping Options:
- Shipping Method - This means you set an explicit option for shipping as a default rule and the retailer will find the best shipping method to match that rule. Options include:
- ePacket (Aliexpress only)
- Ship Order by - This is defined by Price or Speed (in days). You can set the shipping method to follow the rule by (either price or speed) and then set an amount and/or number of max days
Key considerations when making shipping option selections:
- Selecting Shipping Order by overrides any selection for Shipping Method
- For Aliexpress, if ePacket is not an available delivery option for a given supplier / product the order will fail (unsuccessful). A workaround is to reset shipping options to Ship by Days with Max Price to trigger a comparable delivery option and resubmit order
- When using Shipping Order by "Days" it is advisable to set a "max price" as well to limit any excessive shipping costs that maybe incurred by higher priced carriers. If the max price is exceeded an unsuccessful order will result with a "max price exceeded" error. Simply change the shipping option under the retailer section and resubmit the order.
The following video explains how to setup the shipping options for the retailers.